Thanks to all who responded to my query about June closing of the LMC.
I got a general feel that this is a subject near and not so dear to a lot of
us.
Some great suggestions follow:

- use video instruction to classes up to the end. Allows classes to be held,
keeps prep time for teachers, and allows you a bit of free time to accomplish
end of year tasks
 - invite a storyteller or public librarian in to do the class time, thereby
promoting public libraries in the area(thanks to Joyce Rodriguez)
- allow classes in with the teacher(approp. to high school)
- call it "limited access"  NOT closing
- go  in to classroom for storytime
-have a film festival of longer films, with 1-3 classes together.

I liked the above, since it makes for a harmonious school, doesn't alienate
the librarian who can be on the fringe enough as it is!, AND benefits the
children.

Some statistics follow, thanks to Joan Peterson:

23% close for 2 weeks at end of school
26% closed for 1 week
41% kept libraries open under restricted access for last 2 weeks(mostly
secondary)
7% open with all services (these stayed under contract days into the summer,
or had staff help)

Thanks again!

Deb Dalton

LM_NET Archive Home