Maybe I show my age here and my thin skin and my limited legal
knowledge..nonetheless I will say it:  I do not think that LM_NET is the
appropriate forum for seeking references on an interviewee nor should it be
a forum for discussing one's dissatisfactions with a position currently or
previously held.  And, it seems to me , unless one were very careful, there
might even be some legal issues in doing so.

When people interview they present references.  Start there and use the good
old telephone.  From those references one might be able then to talk to
others who also know the individual.
Frankly, if I interviewed for a job and discovered a query had been made on
a listserv about my suitability, I'd decline a job offer if made.  I would
not want to work with people who do not respect privacy on the Internet.

Carol Anderheggen            "Dark clouds are things that pass.
carolan@ids.net                   The blue heavens abide always."

LM_NET Archive Home