Dear Lm Netters,
   A few years ago I was pleased to have weeded the last of my
yellowed, brittle paper, tiny print, no cover classics that were
never read out of my library.  THEN the English teachers began
focusing on classics again and I have been scrambling to find
nice editions of the titles I should have.
   A week ago I was at the Dartmouth Bookstore spending some
end of the year money when I discovered four fantastic titles.
They are done by Penquin/Viking on very nice paper, and each one,
while unabridged, is full of sketches, photos, illustrations,
explanations and notes in the margins.  The series is called
THE REST OF THE STORY and I phoned Penquin hoping they had more
titles but four is all there is so far.
   They are:
      Treasure Island 0-670-86920-1
      Call of the Wild 0-670-86918-X
      Around the World in Eighty Days 0-670-86917-1
     The Jungle Book 0-670-86919-8
   I noticed them first because of the Jungle Book.  Kipling is one
of my all time favorites and I've always wanted to know what the
Seonee Hills looked like and what Kipling knew of India that
caused him to write those books.  I see red when I see what
Disney has done TWICE to his stories.
   Perhaps if anyone knows of other nice classic editions they might
write to me.  I know about the few that Morrow did in the Books of
Wonder series and the World's Best Reading from Reader's Digest.
Those I pick up at book sales since I couldn't get Reader's Digest to
send me a catalog.
Best Wishes,
Sandy Guest               sguest@arakis.sugar-river.net
Sunapee, New Hampshire