> Can anyone help?  Our reading teacher needs information about a televised
> version of The CAy, starring James Earl Jones.  Does anyone know anything
> about this program or its availability on video?  TIA

Hi, Barbar and Group,

I'll post this to the group and perhaps save some of you some trouble.
Unless things have changed within the last 4 or 5 years, I don't think
_The Cay_ is available. I called *everybody* I could think of: PBS, CBS,
NBC, etc., etc.  I finally got someone who told me that it had been
"pulled" and was not available to *anyone*.  She said that sometimes they
will do that for various reasons. She suspected that that one was
targeted for a re-release some time in the future -- you know, like Snow
White and Fantasia were.

The same thing happend with D. H. Lawrence's short story "The Rocking
Horse Winner."  Someone stole the one copy my library had the summer
before I got there.  I looked and looked and called everyone I could think
of to find a new copy.  The 16mm film is available to us through our
Education Service Center, but no videotape.  I finally called a commercial
supplier. She said that if I found a copy that I had better hang on to it
because it would be a "collector's item."  It seems that that one has been
"pulled" also.  No speculations as to why.....

If anyone else knows changes in the status of those two videos, I, too
would be interested.

Thanks!

Betty
                                .----.
Betty Hamilton, LRS             |    |                701 Cub Drive
bhamilt@tenet.edu           ____|*    ~~~~~~.         Brownfield TX 79316
Brownfield High School      \               |         (806) 637-4523
                                  \     {
                                    \  }
                                      ~

LM_NET Archive Home