One of our neighboring island's asked me to forward this. Any intrepid
souls out there????:-)

>Children's Librarian in Saipan, Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana
>Islands.  Conduct children's, storytelling, readings, Young Adult and other
>library services on Saipan--a Pacific island that requires cultural and
>social adaptability, but promises beaches, resorts,  palm trees, and an
>occasional typhoon.  Requirements:  MLS  (ALA Accredited), 2 years as
>Children's Librarian. Additional experience in adult reference, Internet,
>CD-ROM, DYNIX a plus. Prefer history of overseas employment and experience
>with staff and patrons of diverse cultures.  Must be U.S. citizen.
>$33,150-$35,700 DOQ  (includes housing allowance  for off-island
>recruitment).  2-year contract; relocation assistance package. Interviews
>may be scheduled during ALA Conference in New York, July 6-9, or in Chicago
>July 11-12, and Seattle, July 15.  Open until filled.  Fact sheet available
>via fax or e-mail (jklibrary@saipan.com).  Send resume, 3 references (with
>fax &  tel. nos.) to:  Paul Steere, Director, Joeten-Kiyu Public Library,
>PO Box 1092, Saipan, MP 96950, USA.   Tel. [international] 670-235-7322,
>fax 670-235-7550.

Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time --
Living' in the future -- ain't Life grand!

T. K. Cassidy - Children's Librarian /// Guam Public Library
                             Resident Writer and Storyteller ///
tkc@kuentos.guam.net

Winner of the 1996 Maga'lahi Award for Excellence in the Humanities

LM_NET Archive Home