Are you referring to David Berliner's The Manufactured Myth??

Esther Sinofsky                         Los Angeles USD
Hamilton High Schools Complex           310/836-1602 x2229
2955 S. Robertson Blvd.                 FAX: 310/842-8663
Los Angeles, CA 90034
e-mail:  esinofs@lausd.k12.ca.us
"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is
essential is invisible to the eye."  -  St. Exupery

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Julie Walker wrote:

> One of the assistant principals in our district was looking for the
> following "book" in our professional library.  I seem to remember a study
> which matched some of these criteria but not a book.  Help.
>
> 1.  Published in the last year or so
> 2.  Positive view of education
> 3.  Might have been framed as "myths" about education (eg  we are not
> doing so bad after all.
>
> Does this ring a bell???
>
> Julie A. Walker                         District Media Center
> Director, Library & Media Services      13401 Pond Springs Rd.
> Round Rock ISD                          Austin, TX  78729
> jawalker@tenet.edu                      512-331-6697/512-331-1811 (FAX)

LM_NET Archive Home