In Texas, the pay for public schools is based on 185 teaching days.
If the librarian works more days, the pay is figured on per day and
added to the base salary.
   We have some schools which are now considered
"year round."  They still have 185 days of insturction but have the
days spaced differently.  Many have class for 6 weeks, then a week off
and return to school.  It is structured so that the year round schools
get the traditional Christmas holidays and some time in the summer.
   My school is on a traditional calendar.  Students were released
for their summer vacation on May 23.  Teachers come on the 24th for
a work day.  Librarians were released on May 28.  I will return to
work on August 8 officially, but I have chosen to attend a class
before school begins so I will be back at work Aug. 1.

Mary Ludwick         Ludwick@tenet.edu

LM_NET Archive Home