Lastname, Surname is still the standard using in the library, but
practically, difficult in locating foreign name's surname since there are
much variations.

>After being automated we are working to clean up our database before the
>union catalog is re-ddone.  Unfortunately it is taking more cleaning than
>we expected.
>However, we came across a problem that I can't find the answer to in
>Commonsense Cataloging '90.
>--When the author is a person with a non-English name, how is it placed?
>Does one still put it "last name, first name?"
>Some examples are:
>Mao Tstung
>Issa
>Lin Yutang (Chinese)
>Nguyen Cao Dam (Vietnamese)
>I know that in India, the first name shown is actually the surname.  Does
>anyone have any 'rules' to guide me?
>
>Please respond directly to my e-mail address, as I have had to set LM-Net
>to 'no mail' until I get ordering and inventory done at school.
>
>Jeanette Heath, LMS
>Red Creek Jr./Sr. High School
>Red Creek, NY 13143
>315-754-6277
>Fax. 315-342-7028
>Heath@Oswego.oswego.edu

Come to visit my homepage and give some feedback, link to HKTLA...
http://hkein.school.net.hk/~mmhung/

A page for Christians, teachers, librarians, and students......

Sending you this greeting and blessing and love and joy from JESUS!
Jesus Christ, is the same Yesterday and Today and Forever. ~Hebrew 13:8 NIV
ida & michael hung                        Email: mmhung@hkein.school.net.hk