> On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, Earl J. Moniz wrote:
> We need a union!

> > On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, a reader responded:
> > > When my husband first became a pharmacist here in Salt Lake City about 22
> > > years ago, the pharmacists in that chain of stores were unionized.
> > > Imagine telling people that your pharmacist husband was a member of --
> > > are you ready for this? -- Amalgamated Butcher's and Workman's Union!!!
> > > Honest!  One strike attempt and that connection died.

> > Earl J. subsequently responded:
> > You might have something here...  Let's try to come up with a catchy name
> > for our union that people will never forget (and probably not want to be
> > associated with in the first place) ... perhaps Librarians International
> > Professional Services (LIPS *NOT* to be confused with *LIP Service*) ...
> > or maybe Harried Educators and Librarians Professional Society (HELPS) ...
> > or maybe Librarians', Educators', and Administrators' Consortium of Helpers
> > (LEACH)...
> > Earl J.

With permission from the original responder, I am placing this out on the
list to see if any of you are as amused by this as the two of us seem to
be ... what other catchy yet aversive type names can we come up with for
a union of librarians (and they used to describe us as stoic!). . .?

Have fun. . .let's get those creative juices flowing!

Earl J.

LM_NET Archive Home