Hi LM_Netters:

I'm a student at State University at Buffalo in the Library Studies program.

This semester I'm taking a class involving observations of SLMS.  As part
of the class, a project must be completed for four of the SLMS observed.

Recently, I visited a suburban high school.  The SLMS asked me to
research what other SLMS are providing in the way of CD-ROMs for high
school students.  She's most curious about CD's that would be available
for individual use since she already has several research vehicles loaded
on the school network.  She has many questions:

1.  Do you have a selection policy for CD-ROMs for leisure or reseach
use other than the CDs available on your network?

2. Do you have a circulation policy for those "extra" CDs in your
collection?  May students borrow them overnight, a week..?

3. How do you handle problems with lost or damaged CD-ROMs?

4. If you have a collection of this type, what are your or your users
favorites?

5.  Which review sources have you found most helpful in creating this
collection?

6.  Do you collect games on CD-ROM for student use?

7.  Do you have stand alone computers which the students may use to view
these CD-ROMs?

If you can answer any of these questions, or have any positive or
negative comments regarding the collection of "extra" CD-ROMs for the
leisure or research use of students, please e-mail me directly.

Many Thanks In Advance

Marie Barron
SILS student
State University at Buffalo