Right on, Ken!
        I, too, was a little disturbed by the thought that someone was
"monitoring" my use of LM_NET during school hours. I don't take
"official" breaks, either--or planning/conference time--& lunch is
usually popcorn or cheese 'n crackers in my office. Sometimes I work on
LM_NET just to have an excuse to sit down!

I bet if we took a survey, we would find that most librarians log the
same (if not more) hours per day as "regular" teachers, with planning
periods & lunch figured in. And in my district, at least, I am REQUIRED
to work 5 more days than teachers.

But I still LOVE MY JOB!

*   Debbie Collier          Orange Grove Elementary  *
*   Librarian &             Houston, Texas           *
*   "Resourceress"          COLLIE@TENET.EDU         *