This thread is vaguely disturbing, but I can't put my finger on exactly why.
I guess I spend most of my time going head over heels from one thing to the
other.  The time at the computer during the day is about the only time I get
to sit down.
In my situation, I'm considered "quasi-Administration" and on the flow
chart, I report directly to the Head Master, not to the Dean of Faculty.
The other thing that goes with my job at Xavier is that it is untenured.  My
predecessor signed a contract every year for 34 years...need I say more?
Still, I wouldn't trade the job for all of the tea in China.  Library
Service is what it says, "service" and all that it implies.  I love the
chance to serve and the people with whom I work.
If I sat down and worried about my "image" or the "image of the profession",
it would definitely be damaging to our "image".
It's been a very busy and tiring week.
LM_NET is my ongoing link with the outside world and one of the ways in
which I keep current, find my thinking challenged, and explore new
possibilities in library service.  It is time well spent.  It is time I
budget into the day which is often just as important and maybe as rushed at
times as all of the other myriad tasks which arise.
My two bits...
--
Sister Mary Veronica,CHS      "Give what you have to someone -
Xavier High School             it may be greater than you dare

LM_NET Archive Home