Hi Susan,
        I did the same thing awhile back when I said to one of the
children, "Be like the little engine that could and keep on trying," and
I got a blank look.  I would read to them lots of the European fairy
tales, some Anansi tales, Brer Rabbit, The Little Engine That Could,
the Robert McCloskey books, Millions of Cats, The Owl and the Pussycat,
Swimmy, nursery rhymes, Dr. Seuss books, and I could go on and on.  I
feel that they should know so many of them being part of our American
culture.  Good luck with your list.  Carol Blaney, Kingston Elementary
School, Kingston, Mass.

LM_NET Archive Home