I've been looking for a video of this also for our physics teacher.  We did
find a videodisc available called "The Puzzle of the Tacoma Narrows Bridge
Collapse."  The description says it "contains actual footage of the bridge
collapse and shows how it is a study in wave motion.  Also has experiments
for students to better understand the physics behind the collapse."  The
price is $199.00 and a teacher's guide is available for $17.95 from Frey
Scientific, 100 Paragon Parkway, P.O. Box 8101, Mansfield, OH 44901-8101,
1-800-225-FREY.  Our school belongs to a cooperative for purchasing videos
and videodiscs, and I'm hoping we'll purchase it this way.  The footage is
also occasionally available on the Discovery Channel's Worlds of Wonder, I
think.  Isn't it amazing to see?  Hope this helps.

Libby Letterly, Williamsville C.U.S.D. #15, Williamsville, IL
eletterl@abelink.com
--
Registered ICC User
check out http://www.usefulware.com/~jfoltz