Hello, LM_NETTERS.  I'm the lms for a K-5 school and am seeking your opinion
regarding R.L. Stine's "Goosebumps" series.  Although I've never
purchased these books for my school, some of my teachers, as well as my
principal, approached me about purchasing an Accelerated Reader disk for
these titles. They claim the kids read them all the time and could score
numerous AR points if they had the disk!  I'm aware of concerns these
books sometimes generate and cannot see purchasing a disk for books which
I don't include in my collection. It was suggested that parents sign a
permission form in order to allow their children to take the Stine AR
tests; however, I don't see this as the solution.  Would greatly
appreciate any thoughts, pro or con, you have on the matter.  Sincerely,
Joyce H. Nelson
jhn100g@barbados.cc.odu.edu  or  jhnelson@pen.k12.va.us

LM_NET Archive Home