What about "Oddballs" by richard Peck? Its is "strong language" but very
funny and depicts a loving, eccentric family.

Shaorn Hamer J(hamers@meol.mass.edu)

 Karen Stockton
(karen@AMALFI.IFA.HAWAII.EDU)
wrote: : I would suggest: Pinballs/Byars, Mama, let's dance/ Hermes,
: Homecoming/Voigt - these are caring families but not the traditional family.

: Karen Stockton
: Sacred Hearts Academy
: HOnolulu, HI  96816
: karen@amalfi.ifa.hawaii.edu