Greetings again. I've been out here asking for texts of poems (still need "How
can I keep from singing " by Lowry) and at one point I posted a message that
I was able to find the words to one on the WEB. An LM-NETTER asked me to post
to the list how I did it, in case anyone ever needs to do it. It wasn't easy.
First I tried a sight called Great Writers and Poets, and when I didn't find
a listing for the poet I resorted to where I always go--YAHOO. I did a YAHOO
search and when the links didn't work out, they gave me the option of using
other search engines. I just kept trying others (Webcrawler, Lycos, excite,
etc.) until I got one with the poet's name (I had used his first and last
names as search terms). There just happened to be the poem I was looking for
at this particular link, but it was a really roundabout way of getting to it.
Fortunately I had a lot of time that morning to search, but if you don't have
the time it can get frustrating. Anyway, when all else fails, try a general
search and use different search engines if the first one doesn't work out
because although some of the links will be the same, many are different from
service to service.
Jody_Gerlock@pds.k12.nj.us
    --- The views expressed are those of the individual, not of PDS ---

LM_NET Archive Home