The Comparative Library Organization Committee of LAMA (ALA) is exploring
possible and needed relationships with non-library professional
associations that address or relate to management and organizational theory
topics.  To assist us with the data gathering phase of our project, please
respond to me (not the list) on or before May 15.  We will summarize

1. To what non-library professional associations dealing with
organizational management and theory (such as the American Management
Association or one of the many TQM associations) do you currently belong,
have you belonged in the past, or have you established a relationship that
resulted in personal benefits for yourself?

2. Have you benefitted from this relationship, and, if so, in what ways?

3.  What related approaches do you recommend for enhancing the management
skills of library staff?

Thank you for providing input.

Jane W. Greenfield, Director                            jwg@nslsilus.org
Highland Park Public Library