Many of you requested I post a HIT on this subject. Actually, the only ones
responding to my post for retirement poems had no poems to offer, but were
looking for them, too. Time was short, I did not have time to do a great
deal of looking, so a friend of mine and I wrote a couple ourselves. Here
is what we came up with:

Books and children and quiet noise
You hold your breath and regain your poise
You strive to achieve a molecule of control
While teaching youth books are not droll
As you retire your crown and septor
Please be advised - future life is pure nectar
You will be missed and much applaud
We'll expect a wave and then a nod
Each time we see you passing by
We'll rejoice even more when our time is nigh!
(By Sheryl Litzell, April 1996)

The years have passed
My, how they have flown
Some days have been great
Others made you moan
But the time you've invested...
The lives you have touched...
What a difference you've made...
One day, you'll know how much!
Your retirement is nearing
A well-deserved rest!
We hope you'll enjoy it
With verve and with zest!
(By Fidelis Poncher, April 1996)

I know that many of you are talented writers. Let's hear some of your own
poems for such special occasions. These thoughts are so much more
appreciated with someone knows you took the time to write it yourself .. it
becomes part of the gift.

Sincerely,

*  Fidelis Poncher, LMS      *                                            *
*  ponchef@mail.firn.edu     *                                            *
*  Interlachen High School   *  "It is only with the heart that man can   *
*  Rt. 1, Box 10             *     see rightly. What is essential is      *
*  Interlachen, FL 32148     *          invisible to the eye."            *
*  VOICE: 904-684-2116       *                                            *
*  FAX: 904-684-3929         *                                            *