Hey folks,

I am in the process of evaluating CD-Rom use for our school system. We are
accumlating an amazing amount of disks and I would like to tap your minds
for a few ideas.

- Has anyone used or heard about someone using one of these CD towers (7+
CD changer) on a network? We have a few libraries with anywhere from 4 to
10 Macs, three are localtalk and two are Ethernet. They are running Apple
filesharing now but will be getting new servers this summer. How is the
speed on these things? Are they easy to set up and use?

- Also I would like any ideas about how teachers/media centers, catalog,
share and/or distribute their CD's in their buildings or districts.

I'm sorry these questions are so broad. I would appreciate any tidbits or
experiences that could be offered.

Thanks,
KC

Kyle L. Cooley (kcooley@tdi.net)
Jefferson Middle School - Computer Facilitator
Monroe, MI - "Home of Custer, Close to Ohio"

LM_NET Archive Home