Every year I do a Poetry Happening with the K-2 grades in my schools.
The kids learn one Library Poem to say together  and then
also learn one or two short poems to say as classroom poems.  After about
a month of learning poems, we all get together and share the poems.   It is
really a nice way to get together and enjoy poetry, very unrehearsed and
easy for me and the teachers to do.  In the past I have used such poems as
Keep a Poeem in Your Pocket or Reach for a Book as library poems, but would
like to find something new and different for this year.

If you know a poem which is short (not over 12 lines) and has to do with
books or poems or is generally a good say-aloud poem, would you let me
know.  I am open to suggestions and, of course, need the suggestions ASAP.

TIA

Janet Rawdon
Newton MA
rawdon@meol.mass.edu