For all of you who have been asking about info on AUPs, there's an article in
the May/June "Multimedia Schools" (a fabulous must-have for school
libraries!) by Sally Laughon that gives some WEB addresses. She says "You can
benefit from other schools' experiences by examining the AUPs already in
place (http://www.ucalgary.ca/~mueller/aup.html)"......and "...avoid the
pitfalls encountered with many existing AUPs
(http://www-e1c.gnn.com/gnn/meta/edu/features/aup.html)".....and "For an
excellent example of a school board AUP, consult the Bellingham, Washington
Public Schools Internet policy (http://www.bham.wednet.edu/)." I haven't
visited any of these sights, but I trust what I read in this periodical for
the most part. Good luck to all of you.
Jody_Gerlock@pds.k12.nj.us
    --- The views expressed are those of the individual, not of PDS ---

LM_NET Archive Home