Are people in your school short on time to find the latest research on
important issues such as
assessment, math and science education, educating 'at risk' students, safe
and drug-free schools, school-to-work transistion, as well as leadership and
governance?  Would you like to "visit" schools that put that research into
practice?  Then visit
Pathways to School Improvement Internet server:

http://www.ncrel.org/ncrel/sdrs/pathways.htm

Through an examination of  "Critical Issues" in these topic areas,  Pathways
helps your school improvement efforts in a practical way with a focus on
meaningful, engaged learning.  .  Through text and optional audio and video
you can learn about what other schools are doing.

We'll soon be adding or expanding these topics, too:  Technology to Support
Learning, Professional Development, and Parent and Family Involvement.

Try  Pathways' new "Trip Planner."  With this self-assessment tool,  you can
prioritize your school improvement goals and receive practical pointers on
where to begin.

We're proud of two recent honors:  "Top 5% of Web  Sites" by Point
Communications  and the "A+ Award"  from the editors of Classroom Connect.
Please visit our site and let me know how we can continue to improve
Pathways to meet your needs.

++++++++  Jan Bakker, M.A. Ed., M.L.S.  ++++++++
                     Resource Center Director
    North Central Regional Educational Laboratory
    Oak Brook, Illinois                    bakker@ncrel.org
Visit Pathways to School Improvement internet server:
       http://www.ncrel.org/ncrel/sdrs/pathways.htm

LM_NET Archive Home