From: lmccloud@pen.k12.va.us (Lorna J. McCloud)
Subject: Jobs?Denver, CO?
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 22:00:46 GMT

I am in Colorado Springs for the next week or so while I care
for my Mom after surgery.  While I am here, I am trying to find
out more about the status of SLMS in CO.  In the Springs, it
seems that most elementary schools are staffed with
paraprofessionals (a bit of a shock to me, because in VA, ALL
school libraries must be staffed by certified LM professionals).

What about Denver?  Although I suppose I *could* go middle or
high school, I have already taught at both, and LOVE elementary.

Does anyone "out there" know of jobs coming up in the Denver
area, or if the districts up there hire professionals in elem?

I would appreciate your comments/advice.  Thanks!

---
Lorna McCloud           Teacher-Librarian
King Elementary         Woodbridge, VA
        lmccloud@pen.k12.va.us

LM_NET Archive Home