Dear LM_NET and Mrs. Wiltrout,

I am sorry to say that posting by K-12 students to LM_NET is not within
our scope. There are a number of services that are set up to do a more
effective job for you. They are:

<DT><A HREF="http://gsn.org/">Global SchoolNet Foundation</A>
<DD>Since 1985 Global SchoolNet Foundation (GSN) has been a leader in the
instructional applications of telecommunications, a major contributor to
the philosophy, design, culture, and content of educational networking on
the Internet and in the classroom. GSN has had an incredible impact on
networking in the K12 community.

<DT><A HREF="http://www.nptn.org/cyber.serv/AOneP/">Academy One</A>
<DD>Academy One (R) is an international online educational resource for
students, educators, parents and administrators of grades kindergarten
through twelve. It is one of NPTN's three main interactive cybercasting
services.  Special projects include the TeleOlympics and the Math
Olympics, Save the Beaches Project and the Poetry and Sonnet Writing
Contest.

<DT><A HREF="http://www.kidlink.org/">KIDLINK / KIDS-96</A>
<DD>KIDS-96(SM), is a grassroots, email-based project aiming at getting
as many children in the age group 10 -15 as possible involved in a GLOBAL
dialog.  KIDLINK(SM) is the name of the organization that runs the yearly
KIDS-nn projects. KIDLINK organizes a series of 24-hour-a-day discussions
between children, between adult coordinators, teachers, parents, and
other interested persons. The topics are many. Think of it as a series of
24-hour-per-day conferences based on email.

<DT><A HREF="http://www.stolaf.edu/network/iecc/">IECC-Classroom
Connections</A>
<DD>This is a set of e-mail discussion groups with specific related
purposes.  The IECC (Intercultural E-Mail Classroom Connections) mailing
lists are provided by St. Olaf College as a free service to help teachers
and classes link with partners in other countries and cultures for e-mail
classroom pen-pal and project exchanges.

Peter Milbury, Librarian       pmilbury@ericir.syr.edu

            Chico High School, Chico, California  95926
   A National Blue Ribbon School        Library phone: 916-891-3036
        http://wombat.cusd.chico.k12.ca.us/~pmilbury/lib.html
     Peter Milbury's School Library & School Librarian Web Pages
  Co-owner of LM_NET:  gopher://ericir.syr.edu:70/11/Listservs/LM_NET
    Serving 5,000+ In the School Library Media Community, Worldwide
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

On Mon, 6 May 1996, Mrs. Zoe Wiltrout wrote:

> Hi, we are Mrs. Bailey's Language Arts Class. We are learning about the
> internet in the library. We would like you to send us messages. We would
> like to send a message back to you too. We live in Plainfield, Indiana,
> USA. We are next to Indianapolis where the Indy 500 car race will be run
> soon. Thanking you in advance for your response.
> Mrs. Wiltrout
> Brentwood Elementary School
> Plainfield, Indiana, USA

LM_NET Archive Home