Hi guys,
In preparing to write an article and present a workshop on search engines
I discovered some excellent resources:

Look into a wonderful new book, now one of my bibles:
Web Search Strategies by Bryan Pfaffenberger, MIS Press  1-55828-470-2
It compares the search engines by factors important to librarians:
Boolean, proximity, relevancy, output.  It is a must for your collections.

Also the May issue of Internet World p.40 and p.79 and the April 29th
issue of US News p.60 had excellent search engine articles.

I think it is interesting that the general public is finally beginning to
appreciate the need for search strategy!

Joyce Valenza
<jvalenza@mciunix>
Wissahickon High School Library
521 Houston Road