An intermediate teacher and I are looking for research/information
regarding nonfiction reading techniques (how to help kids read and
comprehend nonfiction).  We use the Accelerated Reading program, and the
kids have done well with fiction.  However, when she had them read a
nonfiction book and take the AR test, many did poorly.  Our district heard
Will Daggett speak a few weeks ago, and we were impressed with his analysis
of the educational needs facing our kids--specifically, the need to use
technology and the ability to read, comprehend, and write technical
information.  We would like to help our students become
nonfiction-literate, too.

Carol Foster, LMS
F.E. Smith School
33 Wheeler Ave.