We just put Current Biography from H.W. Wilson on our tower.  Take a look
at it.  I think that it is less expensive than Gale and backs up the
print collection.  It indexes back to 1940 and has biographies from 1983.
Sandy Barron                 Tomball High School
sbarron@tenet.edu                      30330 Quinn Road
713-357-3219                            Tomball, Texas 77375
FAX 713-357-3252             "making the difference with information science"

On Wed, 30 Oct 1996, Barbara Cincotta wrote:

> I have a little money left (I can't believe it) and one cd rom drive open.
> I would like to add some biographical information to out network.  I am
> considering DISCovering Biography from Gale.  One hesitation is the annual
> subscription pricing structure.  If you have used this product I would
> appreciate your feedback.  Have you been happy with it?  Had any problems
> technical or other? Are there any other products that you would recommend.
> My requirements are dos format, networkable, biographical information
> suitable for grades 9-12 and of course value.  Thanks for your help.
>
> Barbar Cincotta, Librarian
> Cinnaminson High School
> Cinnaminson, NJ
> cinnhs@voicenet.com