Thought I'd pass along a great site!  Take a look at "What's It Like Where
You Live", a project on biomes for elementary and middle school students
developed by the Missouri Botanical Garden here in St. Louis.  It's just
been named one of twenty top websites in the educational division of the
National Information Infrastructure Awards
http://www.gii-awards.com/SFEducate.html

Last year, four of our elementary schools piloted pieces of the curriculum
and our students used both the Multimedia Encyclopedia and website
<http://www.mobot.org/MBGnet/ for project research.  You'll find links to
some of our Hyperstudio projects from the Garden site, too.

We'll be using all of the new materials this year.  We're hoping lots of
schools participate in the upcoming data collection projects and that we'll
have lots of schools communicating!

Harriette S. Arkin
Director Instructional Services/Technology
Ladue School Disrict
9703 Conway Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63124             "Gateway to the West"
FAX (314)994-1467
Phone (314) 994-7080

LM_NET Archive Home