I used one of Aaron Shepard's Reader's Theatre plays to culminate a unit
on Tall Tales.   We saw two brief videos, one a Tall Tale and the other a
classic fairy tale and brainstormed the differences.   The classes then
read tall tales, wrote their own, then we did the Reader's Theatre.
Students LOVED it...wanted to do it again, change roles, perform play for
others, etc.   It was lots of fun.   I would like to suggest something
which worked for me: have kids sit in a circle so they can see each other.
  If possible, have each child stand up when their part comes up.

--
Bonnie Keyser
East Bradford Elementary School

LM_NET Archive Home