We are planning to form a Technology Steering Committee in the junior
high where I am the librarian.  I proposed this to the principal because
I don't feel like there is enough interaction between those of us in the
building who are the primary "users" and "dispensers" of technology.  He
agreed and has asked the Business and Word Processer teacher and me  to
come up with a plan.  We are thinking of asking teachers to apply to be on the
committee which will be composed of 6-8 teachers plus one asst. principal.
We want to come up with a Technology Vision for our school. At present we
have 3 computer labs, on of which is a writing lab, one for Comuter
Technology, and one which is a MECC lab.  We also have the classroom
where word processing is taught.  We have just this year replaced wood
shop with a new Industrial Tech lab, which is not completely up and running.
In the library we are on a district network using Dynix Scholar.  We have
EBSCO MAS via Vista, and two MAC's that are available for using Netscape.
Do any of you have such a commitee and what kinds of things have you done?
Please answer directly to Linda Vaughn, Richardson Jr. High,
lvaughn@tenet.edu.  TIA.
Linda

LM_NET Archive Home