Hi,
I am in a middle school.  These are our policies:
     One Station in the library, two in the computer lab, and one
       in the district computer tech's office
     We use CyberPatrol  about $50.00 per computer
     Kids and adults must sign a contract saying that they will     use the
Internet responsibly.  We had two kids in a school
        population of about 500 who were not premitted to use     the
Internet because of parent request.
     We use of OPAC carrier.  No additional cost to the schools
         but I am sure the district pays plenty!!!!
     No additional personnel
     Only for educational purposes.  Some kids get on to see
            certain web pages, but they are usually harmless and      somehow
connected to an assignment.
      Kids are more aware of what types of information      available to them
rather than just using an encyclopedia.
     The only disadvantage is that we don't have enough stations
          when a class comes in to work on a project or research

Any other questions can be directed to:
Barbara Slane
Rocky River Middle School
Rocky River, OH 44116