We must all be needing funny stories lately.  Glad to read them, including
the top ten reasons  -- we need to laugh at ourselves.

Yesterday my library aide at the elementary school (I supervise K-12) told
me she had some leftover ends of the white bond paper she had copied and cut
bookmarks for the kids from.  Not wanting to waste it, she put them out for
bookmarks also.  A firstgrade boy said disgustedly, "What's this?"  She
thought fast and said, "They're decorate-yourself bookmarks."  The little
boy said, "Wow!," told his classmates, word spread, and they were the the
first  bookmarks gone that day with kids coming in at lunch, recess, and
after school requesting the decorate yourself ones!

We think we'll have a bookmark contest for Children's Book Week.  Don't you
think that will be a success?!!
Elizabeth Letterly, District Librarian    eletterl@abelink.com
Williamsville CUSD #15, Williamsville IL  USA 62693
"Freedom is an inside job." -- Sam Keen

LM_NET Archive Home