Last week I asked for ideas concerning a project for 9th grade mythology.
I posted a hit of the responses I received.  Several people have asked for
the list of internet sites.  The person who gave me that suggestion has not
been able to send the list yet.

The project that the teacher came up with:

Students work in groups.  Each group has a three part assignment.

Using a word find the origin derived from mythology, explain its association
with a god, prepare a poster including this information plus how the word is
used now.  mercury, nocturnal, mausoleum, panic, siren, furor, volcano,
hypnosis, cloth, uranium, ocean, helium, fantasy, titanic, ammonia, typhoon.

Summarize a myth and prepare a short oral presentation (written summary to be
turned in)

Research a mythological figure - importance in mythology, how the figure has
been used in literature, art, advertizing.  What kind of project would this
figure endorse?  How?  Why?

Hope this is helpful to someone.

Deborah Stafford
Gen H.H. Arnold HS
Department of Defense Dependents Schools
Wiesbaden Germany
stafford@email.wiesbaden.army.mil
or  deborah_stafford@ccmail.odedodea.edu

LM_NET Archive Home