Thanks to Carie O'Banion, Johnnye Miller, Patricia Moore, Bev Bauer, Lou
Robertson, Maurcy Selko, and Virginia Minear for the web site suggestions.
I hope I didn't leave anyone out!  Here are the ones
I received.  I have not checked all of them for grade level information.

http://www.pitt.edu/~lmitten/indians.html
(Info links to many different tribes)

http://www.ded.state.ne.us/tourism/report/native.html
(Famous native American Indians from Nebraska--text only, but
fairly short and easy to read)

http://www.ilhawaii.net/~stony/redcloud.html
(pic of Red Cloud and his farewell address to his people)

http://www.intac.com/~jrt/classlinks/native.htm
(If I remember, this is a general page about Native Americans)

http://www.si.edu/nmai/nav.htm
(If I remember, Smithsonian site on Native Americans)

http://www.ilhawaii.net/~stony/nativelk.html
http://www.cowboy.net/cgi-bin/people/Native/WebEvent/WebEvent/

Native American Indian Pow Wow:
http://www.fdl.cc.mn.us/fdltcc/guest/spirit

Native American Resources:
http://hanksville.phast.umass.edu/misc/naresources.html
http://www.atiin.com/atiin/nat_res.html

Native American Studies:   http://cougar.ucdavis.edu/nas/SSILA/names.html

Native Americans:   http://www.freenet.ufl.edu/~native

Index of Native American Resources on the Internet:
http://hanksville.phast.umass.edu/misc/NAresources.html

Natioinal Museum of the American Indian:
http://www.interport.net/~logomanc/heye.html

Iroquois Indian Nation:   http://one-web.org/oneida/

Use Eagle Ridge Elementary School.  They have links to other sites
that are helpful      http://www.primenet.com/~eaglerg/

http://www.wvlc.wvnet.edu/wvarl/archp.html

http://web.maxwell.syr.edu/nativeweb/biblio/brock.html

"Our school web page has links that may help.  The URL is listed below.
When you get there, select "Curriculum Links".  Just below the
"Curriculum Links" in a new section called "Special Links" look for
"Multicultural" and then "Native American".  Sorry that the path is so
confusing, but we just did some rearranging and haven't worked out the
kinks yet."
http://www.esu3.k12.ne.us/districts/millard/centmidd/central.html

Thanks again!!  :-)

Tawana West, LMS                E-mail:  twest@comp.uark.edu
Walker Elementary School        phone:   501.750.8874
1701 S. 40th Street             fax:     501.750.8717
Springdale, AR   72762

LM_NET Archive Home