Hi to all,  has anyone out there ever had a problem with the book "Bridge
to Terabithia"?  I have had a request from a Children's Literature student
about possible reasons this book might be targeted for removal.  We had a
parent a few years ago objected to the language, the fact that a child died
in it, and alsobecause she said it made her daughter feel bad when she was
reading it.   She wanted the book removed from the classroom and the
library.  It was subsequently not removed from either place and I have
plenty of reviews of the book to share, but would like to give the student
some input from others who may have had a problem.  If you have any
comments would you please send them to me directly.  Thank you.
Debbie Boutwell
Edith Bowen Lab School
Anne Carroll Moore Library
Utah State University