On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Karen Grayson wrote:

> I am going to be changing my e-mail address and need instructions to do this.
> TIA

When you know that you will be changing e-mail addresses, please signoff
while you still have the old address. Then, when you get the new address,
subscribe while using that account.

Here is how top signoff and resubscribe:

  1.  Send these words in the first (and only) line of a message:

      signoff lm_net

          *Please do not include any other words in the message,
           including signature files!

  2.  Send your signoff message to:

      listserv@listserv.syr.edu

      and you will be dropped.  (No other words are necessary.)

  P L E A S E do _NOT_ send the message to LM_NET. It will go to 6,000+
members of the discussion group, creating ill will and consternation among
our happy members.

  Send it ONLY to:  listserv@listserv.syr.edu

  If you are unable to sign-off alone, contact the managers-owners of the
list, and ask them to remove you (pmilbury@ericir.syr.edu or
mike@ericir.syr.edu).  We will do it as soon as it is humanly possible.

   It is easy to re-subscribe to LM_NET.  If you follow the instructions
below, you should not have any trouble joining.  (Tip: be sure to type the
address _exactly_ as shown.) Please let me know if you need any more
assistance.

  To re-subscribe to LM_NET, just do this:

1.  Send an e-mail message to:  listserv@listserv.syr.edu

2.  In the first line of the message, type:

    SUBSCRIBE LM_NET Firstname Lastname

    (Of course, you would substitute your actual name for Firstname
     Lastname in the line, such as

       "SUBSCRIBE LM_NET Joan Doe"    (No quotes necessary.)

   The way LM_NET is handling requests for membership is being handled
   automatically by the Syracuse University listserv computer and software.
   The LM_NET listserv computer will respond with an informative message,
   which will ask you for a confirmation.  You will then be added if you
   properly follow the directions (which are pretty easy.)

Peter Milbury   pmilbury@ericir.syr.edu
Librarian, Chico High School, Chico, CA
A National Blue Ribbon School & California Distinguished School
LM_NET Co-owner: 6,000+ in the School Library Media Community
+Peter Milbury's School Library & School Librarian Web Pages+
          http://www.cusd.chico.k12.ca.us/~pmilbury/lib.html