Can anyone suggest picturebooks (not necessarily meant for young =
children) in which a practical problem is faced by the protagonist, =
suitable for a stop-the-clock approach where the class proposes a =
solution?

This is a task proposed in the new Learning Standards published for =
Math, Science and Technology in New York State.  The example given =
regards Humpty Dumpty, but the age range covered is up through grade =
six.  Children's proposals may be fanciful, but will be judged based on =
whether they protect an egg from breaking.  These problems must be =
practical... =20

Our collection isn't indexed that way, and I can't think of many =
examples.  What can the rest of the group come up with?

TIA--

Holly Wolf, Macedon Elementary School, wolfh@vivanet.com

LM_NET Archive Home