Thanks to everyone sending information about Illustrated Classics.

I received several replies, and I made many phone calls to publishers.  I
was specifically interested in classics in comic book format.  I found only
one publisher with such books, and that was ACCLAIM Publishing at
212-366-4900.  Most of their titles will be printed in 1997.

The other publishers I spoke with have some sort of illustrated classics,
but not in comic book format.  Those companies are:
        Buccaneer Books, Inc. at 516-734-5724
        First Classics at 312-664-7852
        Kitchen Sink Press at 1-800-365-7465
        Playmore, Inc. (sub. of Baronet Books) at 212-924-7447
        Simon & Schuster at 1-800-257-5755
First Publishing, Inc. used to have illustrated classics, but they no
longer carry them.

It was also suggested to try used books and comics stores, and I found one
book that way.

Once again, thanks to everyone for your help.

Carla G. Howard
Elementary Library Media Coordinator
Natrona County School District #1
970 North Glenn Road