LM_Netters,
  With wisdom one questions, our new Social Studies SOL's are require
2nd graders to "study the contributions of ancient Egypt and
China...impact on world history with emphasis on written language, laws,
calendars and architectural monument such as the Pyramids and the Great
Wall..."
   Sounds interesting, but it is very difficult to find materials
(videos or books) that are geared to a second-grade level.  Presently,
no texts or teacher's guides have been provided to guide instruction.
Most materials I have seen including homepages for kids) seem to be
targeted to at least grade five.  Apart from Aliki's _Mummies Made in
Egypt_ I am at a lost in locating resources.  Can anyone offer any
help?  It would be truly appreciated.  Thanks.
   Kathy Hutton

LM_NET Archive Home