Date:    Mon, 11 Nov 1996 18:54:25 -0500
From:    "Keane, Nancy" <Nancy.Keane@RUNDLETT.CONCORD.K12.NH.US>
Subject: MID:Ideas for Arctic unit

Try the Missouri Botanical Garden site http://www.mobot.org/MBGnet
You'll find many files in the section on the Tundra Biome.

A 7th grade class will be reading Lost in the Barrens and the teachers want
to add an Internet component to the unit.  Each year, students read the book
and study the culture through the resources here.  This year we would like
to add web sites to those offered.  Students can study the culture,
folklore, history, etc. of the Alaskan/Arctic area.  The students usually
focus on Inuit traditions but we don't want to limit them.
If anyone has some exceptional web sites they'd like to share, I'd be most
appreciative.  I've been surfing for a couple of days and have found very few.

Thanks in advance.
Nancy J. Keane
Rundlett Jr. High School
144 South Street
Concord, New Hampshire 03301
nancy.keane@rundlett.concord.k12.nh.us
http://www.concord.k12.nh.us/schools/rundlett/
++++ Do the best you can and maintain a sense of humor. +++++

LM_NET Archive Home