The latest issue of Five Owls (mine just arrived today) has an EXCELLENT
conversation with Katherine Paterson about her books and censorship in
general.
She has many cogent things to say but my favorite portion of the article is
"To me the heroes in censorship cases are not the authors of censored books
but the people in the local communities that put their careers and
reputations on the line to defend censored books. I feel it's my duty to
support the people who are standing up for books."
I would recommend the contents of this article to anyone who questions her
books. There is also insight into her as an author of these books.

LM_NET Archive Home