Dear lm_netters,

Our school district is working hard to provide Internet access throughout
our system.  Each school is at a different level of access, training, etc.
I will be conducting an inservice program for the librarians in a couple of
weeks.  I would like to discuss ways to raise the awareness level of
teachers/administrators at schools that do not currently have Internet
access but who will be getting it by the end of the school year.

I would like to suggest ways the librarians can raise awareness of the
people at their schools prior to training and availability of the
school based access since the first connections are being placed in the
school library. I'm asking for any suggestion - specific suggestions-
that you have used or know of.

Some suggestions already are:
provide inservice with demo of appropriate sites for teachers

locate lesson plans in various curriculum areas to pass on to teachers
with a note that the plan came from of the Internet

use the Internet in the library setting as much as possible with the
students to create enthusiasm that will hopefully be passed on to the
teachers

subscribe to a listserv that offers information that can be passed on
to teachers/administrators with a note that the info came from the Internet

If you have other specific suggestions, please email me privately and I
will post a HIT later.  Suggestions are needed for K-12.

TIA
Elizabeth Dumas
Librarian
Kiroli Elementary School