Hello LM_Netters,

Although this message is intended for NJ and Eastern PA librarians, all of you
are welcome to read this and contact me for information in your area if you
wish.  (My announcement has been approved by Peter Milbury.)

Georgian Court College in Lakewood, NJ is the home of a NASA Regional Teacher
Resource Center (RTRC) for the NJ/eastern PA area.  The RTRC is open to
educators (including librarians and educational administrators) - *there is no
visitors' fee*.

Our collection consists of "the best" and "the most requested" NASA titles,
which are available on video, computer diskettes (3 1/2" Mac and IBM), audio
cassettes, 35mm slides and printed materials (including posters, lithographs,
activity books, newsletters, etc.).  Videos, audio cassettes and computer
programs may be duplicated on site - and, yes, NASA sent us the copyright
permission letters for each title!  The only costs to you are your blank VHS
tapes, audio cassettes, computer diskettes, photocopy charges, and
transportation expenses.

Visits are by appointment only.  Upon scheduling an appointment, you will be
sent a packet containing our holdings list, directions to the college/campus
map, and a welcome letter with instructions.  Since our facilities are limited
(i.e., shared with the college campus at large), we can only accommodate a
maximum of three appointments for any time slot.  Overviews for larger groups
of teachers/librarians can be arranged - call me directly for this.  We regret
that we are not set up to handle either students (either individuals or a field
trip) or to process mail order requests.

If you wish to make an appointment, please call 908-364-2200, ext. 479.  You
will be asked some general information at that time (all of which is needed for
my monthly report :< ).  If you wish to schedule a group overview, please call
me directly at 908-364-2200, ext. 428.

We look forward to serving you!

Barbara Herbert   <herbert@georgian.edu>
Instructional Media Librarian/NASA RTRC Coordinator
Georgian Court College
Lakewood, NJ  08701-2697

LM_NET Archive Home