I need some advice and direction concerning the formation of a book
selection committee in my school.  I do remember reading some posts from
those of you who have instituted such a committee in your school community
regarding the benefits of this involvement from the staff.  Searching
through the archives did not produce any of the information I am
interested in knowing.

We are a small school with no access to books furnished by publishers.  We
have a couple of local book stores and, of course, we have access to any
sources available on-line and printed journals.

I would like to know how the committee functions.  How do you involve the
committee members; what sort of activities members can do; and how much do
you involve the them with the budget?

Thanks in advance for any advice! If I receive any responses, I will be
happy to post a HIT.

Louise Edwards
Elementary Librarian
Mount Vernon, WA