Dear Friends:

I have a request for the full text of a poem titled "Flight" or "High
Flight" by John G. McGee (I think).  He was a WWII fighter pilot in the
Canadian Air Force who died at the age of 19.  A couple of the lines in the
poem would read approximately like this:  "O I have slipped the surly bonds
of space" and ". . . looked out and touched the face of God".

An answer to this one would go a long way toward convincing a skeptical
colleague of the wealth of resources available through this listserv.
Thank you for any help you can give.

Dennis G. Jones
Hardee Jr. High School
200 South Florida Avenue