I am looking for the names (and their catalogs) of companies who sell
audio/visual equipment - tv/vcr combinations, laser disc players, video
cameras, etc.  I only want information about those companies/vendors which any
of you recommend.  Thanks!  johns
**********

I generally use a company in Southern NJ (Mickleton) called Total Video
Products.  The address and phone are: 414 Southgate Ct. Mickleton, NJ 08056
phone: 1-609-423-7400   fax: 1-609-423-4747   The sales rep I deal with joined
the company a few years ago (leaving another company).  I followed this
salesman to TVP.  I've worked directly with him for about 15 years, and he
knows me, the college, and the needs of our faculty well; as a result, he's
given us outstanding service and advice.  (If you're interested, the sales
rep's name is John Pabst.) I should also mention that I get an educational
discount off the catalog prices - 10-15%

I have also dealt with Wholesale Educational Suppliers, PO Box 123   East
Haven, CT 1-800-243-2518   24-hr. fax: 1-800-452-5956    They are good, but if
you have one outstanding bill (the college pays bills twice a month) and you
need to place another order, they'll accept the order but won't place it until
the outstanding bill is paid.  This has caused a problem on a couple occasions
when the second order was a "rush."

I use Panasonic tv/vcr combinations - 13" screen - for our preview room.  I
also use Panasonic camcorders (full size VHS tapes).  We have Pioneer
laserdisk players, but they're not in great demand here.

If you need any additional information, please feel free to contact me at
<herbert@georgian.edu>

Barbara

Barbara Herbert   <herbert@georgian.edu>
Instructional Media Librarian