LM_NETters:

        Carolyn White, a colleague here at the Indiana Department of
Education, has asked me to post the following request for information:

        What are other states doing to provide computers for teachers?
Have any of them undertaken a major "computer for every teacher"
initiative?  When computers are provided, how are they paid for?  To whom
do they belong?  Are they kept at home or at school?  What have been the
benefits to the teachers? ...to the students?

        Carolyn needs to report by the middle of next week, so timely
directly to Carolyn at cwhite@ideanet.doe.state.in.us.  Faxes can be sent
to 317/232-9121.
        Thank you.

John W. Shearin                            jshearin@ideanet.doe.state.in.us