Had a flash in the shower...and here's the result.
        We are using a week's worth of reading practice time :  30 minutes
of assigned time daily.  A card is filled out with time begun, time ended,
total minutes.  Total for 5 days is given.  Teacher's could start on
Friday or Monday and end on Friday or Monday. Parent must sign practice
card before it is turned in.  This is HOMEWORK and reading material is
student's choice although they are encouraged to read Accelerated Reader
items to support that on-going program.  This is grades 6-8.
        We are using for Communication skills grade.  Can use for extra
credit, etc.  Students with cards that are turned in get small sticker;
students with 30 minutes for all 5 days get pizza coupon. Book Week only.
        Modeled after the band program's practice card used throughout the
year.  Rationale for use:  practice makes better readers.

Karen Perry
A.J. Griffin Middle School              910-819-2870
East Washington Drive
High Point, NC  27260                   perryk@hamlet.uncg.edu

LM_NET Archive Home