>Her reason -- she was nearing retirement and didn't want to "do anything"
>the last two years.  I
>told her I didn't know and hung up.

You are right on this one, Elzabeth. When I was in MLIS school the summers
of 94 and 95, there were two teachers from Florida there. Lovely people. I
liked them very much and we became fairly good friends. But the first week
we were all there, we introduced ourselves and they said, "Our librarian
isn't worh beans. She doesn't do anything and she gettng ready to retire.
We are tired of being in the classroom and want something easier to do. So
here we are."

Boy, did they change their stories within a few weeks!! Cataloguing strikes
again!!! To their credit, they never gave up and I think they will do a
good job when they get librarianships! But the attitude they showed at the
beginning seems to be the prevailing attitude of most teachers!

Best to all!

Slainte! Guam is 15 hours ahead of Eastern Standard Time --
Living' in the future -- ain't Life grand!

T. K. Cassidy - Children's Librarian /// Guam Public Library
                             Resident Writer and Storyteller ///
tkc@kuentos.guam.net

LM_NET Archive Home